Tim was looking forward to stockpiling on Jack Daniels for the Long Weekend, and he didn’t know whether it was seeing Natalie’s smile at the till, or wasting three full days being drunk, and watching TV- what was he wanted most…
He found Natalie sporting a tracksuit for the first time. She let him skip the queue as usual.
Tim has been an open alcoholic since he divorced 4 years ago, so he had given up hopes on finding a job and paying for all those credit cards. The girl looked happy and sad at the same time.
– You okay Natalie?
– Sure I’m okay, just trying to grow a beard for Monday…take these bags of yours, I packed the best deals for you!
– Only nineteen pounds?
– Yep… you might also want a phone voucher?
– What for? to call my imaginary friends?
– You never know! make up your mind quick Tim, the queue…
– ok then, a voucher please…
The bags weren’t so heavy.
Once he got home, he lit the fire, put on the Friday Comedy Shows, and got a nasty surprise…. orange juice! pomegranate juice! carrot juice! AND NO JACK DANIELS!
Instead, a Yoga Mat and a Beginners Yoga Book… now he couldn’t go back to Natalie’s for it was closing already… what on earth was Natalie on about?
“Hey, this yoga book is really beautiful…. I’ll try these out.. ” he was thinking about how to get Natalie sacked from the store at the beginning, but soon started feeling a compelling Love for her, as his body stretched and the knots up his back loosened….
“Gosh, this is kinda cool…”
After the first Yoga Chapter he sipped half the Carrot Juice and had a lovely warm shower, then forgot to switch off the TV set and fell asleep.
The next morning he had had beautiful dreams, and the letterbox opening brutally woke him up.
Through the letterbox someone had slipped cut out local job adverts from local magazines, like they were especially chosen for him….
He went through them.
He picked a few, and with the credit he had bought the night before he rung up five or six, and by 4 pm he had two interviews.
” oh, Natalie”, he thought to himself.
He couldn’t wait to give her the good news he got a job as a concierge at the main Hotel.
He wasn’t thinking of drinking anymore, only about the yoga and carrot juice. In a way, he was still secretly angry at Natalie.
The week after he thought he’d give himself a good boy whiskey treat and went to Natalie’s. To his surprise, a different girl was serving at the till.
– Do you have Jack Daniels?
– Natalie told me we can’t serve you any alcohol…
– But where is she?
– She took a sabbatical year to go to India and get her Yoga Teachers certificate… if you don’t buy alcohol you can give me your number and she’ll be in touch.
– But I could walk into any other store and buy some!
– Nope, Natalie’s got an eye on you…
– okay then, here’s my number…. and can I have three carrot juices please?
– Sure. it’s only five pounds. She winked at him.
– I hope Natalie gets her certificate soon, so I can teach her some Proper Yoga!!!!
Thanks for sharing!