Another February Friday morning at the factory, but today, Dave has shown up fully compliant with his gear and uniform.
– You’re looking a little different today. The new trainee wants to know it all.
– I don’t like Christmas.
– It’s February the 7th today! We have all almost forgotten the meaning of the word „Christmas”!
– You wouldn’t want to know how large and wide the meaning of Christmas is to me.
– Of course. And those watery eyes?
– Just collecting some fresh tears for the upcoming summer draught.
– So Dave’s not feeling that blue today, is he? She squeezes his left cheek out of impulse.
– I’m actually trying to cry as much as I can til the tank is empty, so I never need to do that crying again. Then it will all be giggles.
– If that’s your new trick to lay your bricks, then great…. oh, I heard you’re endind your shift early today. Anything exciting?
– I’m throwing a solo party tonight.
– A „ solo party”? What the pepper is that? You mean we’re uninvited?
– Had my yearly ratio of carelessness… now I need to know what it’s like for those who don’t get the chance or who just don’t wanna go out weekends- you know, what goes through their heads. Always been intrigued by this.
– But you’ve been going on about Friday night all week!
– I’ve changed my mind this morning.
Their colleagues stop chatting to listen to Dave instead, who’s not the good old Dave today.
– At 33 I’ve lived pretty fast.
The trainee insists.
– But what if you really get the blues and then you stay stuck in there?
– I might get the blues, the purples and the blacks. Yet my reward will come the day after, when my mobile phone starts jumping up and down in the living room… because all my mates will want to narrate their own distorted version about the Friday Night little adventure….
– Okay, so tell me, what will you be doing with yourself all evening?
– Well it might be dusting out one of those unopened birthday present books…. or practising that new trendy beard grooming in front of the mirror… or even writing a thank you card to my very generous guardian angel….
– I see….
– and if the party turns out to be a commotion, rest reassured: I will be giving away all my old spirit bottles and nightclub membership cards to the local shelter guys!
If you believe there are no fences around your freedom, try making a one-off change.
Thanks for sharing!
More humour here …
Have a great weekend!